Medication Administration 1
Category 1 certification allows personnel to administer oral, topical, and inhaled medications, as well as 13 health-related activities if they have been prescribed for a person.
All classes meet the requirements for Medication Administration Certification for Direct Service Providers set forth by DODD. Successful completion of the course will result in a renewal or initial certification being entered into MAIS.
All classes are presented in a remote learning environment. In order to meet the qualifications of remote learning set forth by DODD, class participants will need to adhere to the following:
- Students must be visible at all times during presentation. This includes face, and upper body from the desktop and above.
- Students with technical difficulties will not be considered in attendance during that electronic absence. If technical difficulties persist more than 15 minutes, student will not be permitted back into class.
- Students must be able to see the trainer, materials and demonstrations.
- Students must be able to see and hear one another.
- Evaluations must be completed and submitted in order to receive renewal certification.
- Students should check in 5 minutes prior to class to alleviate technical problems.
- Students who do not log-in for the duration of the training will be considered a no-show and charged the regular rate of the training. Training will need to be rescheduled. Agency will be notified of all no-shows.
- Initial training requires skills checks, evaluation, and a written test which must be completed in person. This will occur at the Ability Matters office 425 Metro Place North, Suite 100, Dublin Ohio on the afternoon of the last class.
- Renewal training requires class participation, completion of skills checklist and evaluation.
- Be able to use a split screen in order to view written training materials and class at the same time. Required curriculums are available at https://dodd.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/dodd/home/med-admin/curriculum
- Keep computer cameras engaged at all times.
- Keep microphone on mute unless directed by trainer.
- No cell phones permitted.
- No recording of training permitted.
In order to enroll in the class, the state required form must be submitted to Ability Matters one week prior to the class.